- This event has passed.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Divorce – Hingham, MA Hub ~ No-Cost Webinar
January 28 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST
Are you contemplating divorce, going through a divorce, or post-divorce?
Join us to learn how to navigate the divorce process confidently while avoiding common pitfalls during the divorce process. This educational event will leave you feeling empowered to make crucial decisions while providing you with connections to our vetted professionals in our Hingham, MA Hub.
You will hear brief presentations on the Do’s and Don’ts from our Hub in the following areas; Life & Relationship Coaching, Home Organization, Career Coaching, Parent Coaching, Debt Management, Financial Planning, Business Valuation, Real Estate, and Mortgages.
- DO prepare in advance for your return to work with a step by step plan to follow before applying for jobs.
- DO get a handle on your paperwork by using a portable filing box with a lid to contain everything related to the divorce proceedings.
- DO speak with a licensed loan originator before you agree to any settlement to make sure you know what you will qualify for post-divorce.
- DO hire a Professional Realtor to present a current complimentary evaluation of your home and a net sheet.
- DO take the time to understand that not all financial assets are treated equally when dividing assets.
- DO surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and practice self-compassion and good self-care.
- DO use a credentialed independent valuation specialist to determine the value of your or your spouse’s business.
- DON’T just sit at your computer and apply to jobs – use your network to access employers and advocate for you.
- DON’T put off creating a safe, comfortable space for yourself – this helps with making good decisions.
- DON’T rely on Google for any financial or mortgage advice; you need a qualified and licensed loan originator to give you the facts.
- DON’T let personal disagreements get in the way of your mutual best interest of a successful and profitable sale on your home.
- DON’T make any major financial decisions without consulting with a Fiduciary.
- DON’T get stuck in your grief and a negative mindset.
- DON’T hire your accountant or financial advisor to determine the value of your business or spouse’s business.
We design our events to be informational while allowing you time to ask questions.
There is no charge for attendance. Advance registration is required. We will email the Zoom link to the registrants before the online event.
If you would like to register for this event with us directly, instead of via Eventbrite, please email us at team@VestaDivorce.com or call 1-877-355-7649.
Not sure where to begin? To connect with our Concierge Director, co-founder Deanna Coyle, schedule a 30-minute call here: www.calendly.com/deannacoyle.