- This event has passed.
No-Cost Webinar: The ABCs of Divorce – Winchester Hub
July 23, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Join us to learn some of the most important issues one faces when going through divorce or separation:
Divorce Attorney Molly Chung will walk you through the divorce process and also cover common mistakes that people make and how to avoid them.
Financial Advisor Andrea McGrath, CFP, CDFA will address key issues regarding the financial implications of your divorce and what things to be aware of while going through the process and afterward.
Realtor Gwen Lawson will cover key information as it pertains to what to do with the marital home; sell, buy or rent before, during and after divorce.
Mortgage consultant, Michael Tanionos will review essential steps for maximizing your credit rating and preparing for the mortgage financing process.
Divorce can be a difficult and sometimes complex process. This workshop is designed to provide a simple explanation of the divorce and is intended to demystify some of the key issues. From the filing of a complaint for divorce to the trial of a contested divorce, the presenters will walk you through the steps of a divorce case, including:
- How is a divorce case started?
- What types of divorces are there?
- How are child custody cases handled?
- What is the role of a guardian ad litem?
- How is child support calculated?
- What constitutes Marital Property and how is it divided?
- How are debts divided?
- Am I entitled to, or will I have to pay, spousal support?
- Property division/equitable division of assets
- How to maximize your financial settlement
- Planning for your financial future
- Should you sell your home? When should you sell it?
- If you keep your home, who moves out and who stays?
- When/how does the spouse staying in the home buy out their spouse?
- Who will be responsible for expenses related to the home, such as maintenance and repairs, mortgage and interest payments, insurance, etc.?
- What are the things that need to be done to prepare your home for sale to receive top dollar?
- Renting versus buying
- Essential steps for maximizing your credit rating and preparing for the mortgage financing process
Attendees will receive handouts outlining the topics covered.
There is no cost for attendance. Advance registration is required. We will email the Webinar link and the handouts to the registrants prior to the online event.
If you would like to register for this event with us directly, instead of via Eventbrite, please contact us at 508-744-6014 or Team@VestaDivorce.com.
To find out more about this and other informative and social events hosted by Vesta, please contact Deanna at 508-744-6014 or team@VestaDivorce.com. Or visit our website at VestaDivorce.com.