- This event has passed.
No-Cost Webinar: The ABCs of Divorce – Hosted by Westborough Hub
August 6 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Divorce Attorney and Mediator Beth Aarons will walk you through the divorce process and also cover common mistakes that people make and how to avoid them.
Financial Advisor Parker Babbe will address key issues regarding the financial implications of your divorce and what things to be aware of while going through the process and afterward.
Mortgage Consultant Craig Tashjian will cover essential steps for maximizing your credit rating and preparing for the mortgage financing process.
Realtor Alica Abu will discuss the most important considerations for you to know regarding your home.
This workshop is designed to provide a simple explanation of the divorce process. From the filing of a complaint for divorce to the trial of a contested divorce, the presenters will walk you through the steps of a divorce case, including:
- How is a divorce case started?
- How to maximize your financial settlement
- Planning for your financial future
- Should you sell your home? When should you sell it?
- If you keep your home, who moves out and who stays?
- When/how does the spouse staying in bye out their spouse?
- Who will be responsible for expenses related to the home, such as maintenance and repairs, mortgage and interest payments, insurance, etc.?
- What are the things that need to be done to prepare your home for sale to receive top dollar?
- Renting versus buying
- Essential steps for maximizing your credit rating and preparing for the mortgage financing process
- What types of divorces are there?
- How are child custody cases handled?
- What is the role of a guardian ad litem?
- How is child support calculated?
- How are debts divided?
- Am I entitled to, or will I have to pay, spousal support?
- Property division/equitable division of assets
There is no charge for attendance. Advance registration is required. We will email the Zoom link to the registrants prior to the online event.
If you would like to register for this event with us directly, instead of via Eventbrite, please call us at 1-877-355-7649 or email us at team@VestaDivorce.com.
If you would like to connect with co-founder Deanna Coyle, you can schedule a 30-minute call with her using this link: calendly.com/deannacoyle.