- This event has passed.
No-Cost Webinar: The ABCs of Divorce – Hosted by the Providence Hub
September 15 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Join us to learn some of the most important issues one faces when going through divorce or separation:
Divorce Attorney Andrea Dunbar will walk you through the divorce process and also cover common mistakes that people make and how to avoid them.
Financial Advisor Andrea McGrath, CFP, CDFA will address key issues regarding the financial implications of your divorce and what things to be aware of while going through the process and afterward.
Realtor David Reid will cover key information as it pertains to what to do with the marital home; sell, buy, or rent before, during, and after divorce.
Mortgage Consultant Paula Kahr will review essential steps for maximizing your credit rating and preparing for the mortgage financing process.
Divorce can be a difficult and sometimes complex process. This workshop is designed to provide a simple explanation of the divorce process and is intended to demystify some of the key issues. From the filing for a divorce to the trial of a contested divorce, the presenters will walk you through the steps of a divorce case, including:
- How is a divorce case started?
- What types of divorces are there?
- How are child custody cases handled?
- What is the role of a guardian ad litem?
- How is child support calculated?
- How is Marital Property defined and how is it divided?
- How are debts divided?
- Am I entitled to, or will I have to pay, spousal support?
- Property division/equitable division of assets
- How to maximize your financial settlement
- Planning for your financial future
- Should you sell your home? When should you sell it?
- If you keep your home, who moves out and who stays?
- Who will be responsible for expenses related to the home, such as maintenance and repairs, mortgage and interest payments, insurance, etc.?
- What are the things that need to be done to prepare your home for sale to receive top dollar?
- Renting versus buying
- Essential steps for maximizing your credit rating and preparing for the mortgage financing process
A brief presentation from each speaker will be followed by a question and answer segment.
We design our events to be informational while allowing you time to ask questions. Our goal is to create an interactive setting centered around connection and education, which leaves you feeling empowered.
There is no charge for attendance. Advance registration is required. We will email the Webinar link and the handouts to registrants prior to the online event.
If you would like to register for this event with us directly, instead of via Eventbrite, please contact us at 1-877-355-7649 or Team@VestaDivorce.com.
If you would like to connect with co-founder Deanna Coyle, you can schedule a 30-minute call with her using this link: calendly.com/deannacoyle.