- This event has passed.
No Cost Webinar: Housing Market, Divorce & the Home – N.Attleboro Hub
June 9, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
What Happens to the Marital Home in Divorce?
Join us for this timely Webinar led by Divorce Attorney Andrea Dunbar, Realtor Amy Plante, and Mortgage Consultant Michael Bush as they cover one of the most important decisions that divorcing/separating couples encounter and often disagree about: The House! Who stays, who goes, who buys out whom and how, when and for how much should the house be sold, and how does this impact custody of the children.
At this event, there will also be Rosemary Thomas, MovingForward Professional Organizer & Home Stager, to answer any organizing or home staging questions you may have.
The presenters will address these issues and more:
- Should you sell your house? When should you sell it?
- If you keep your house, who moves out and who stays?
- When/how does the spouse staying in the house buy out their spouse?
- What is “Nesting”?
- If you move out of your home while your spouse remains there with the children, will your custody rights be jeopardized?
- Who will be responsible for expenses related to the home, such as maintenance and repairs, mortgage and interest payments, insurance, etc.?
- What are the things that need to be done to prepare your home for sale to receive top dollar?
- How can you protect against prospective buyers knowing about the divorce, presuming the need for a quick “fire sale”, and making lowball offers?
- Renting versus buying
- Essential steps for maximizing your credit rating and preparing for the mortgage financing process
We design our events to be informational while allowing you time to ask questions. Our goal is to create an interactive setting centered around connection and education, leaving you feeling empowered.
There is no charge for attendance. Advance registration is required. We will email the Webinar link and the handouts to registrants prior to the online event.
If you would like to register for this event with us directly, instead of via Eventbrite, please contact Deanna at 508-744-6014 or Team@VestaDivorce.com.
To find out more about this and other informative and social events hosted by Vesta, like us at Facebook.com/VestaDivorce or visit us at VestaDivorce.com. If you would like to connect with co-founder Deanna Coyle, you can schedule a 30-minute call with her using this link: calendly.com/deannacoyle.