- This event has passed.
College Planning & Divorce: Part 1 – Winchester, MA Hub ~ No-Cost Event
September 21 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
This two-part series will prepare you for the next step in your children’s life. Designed to stand alone; however, we encourage you to attend both for the best understanding of the process. The second presentation is on October 19, 2021, at 6:30 pm.
Part 1 of the presentation will focus on issues to consider when you are separated or divorcing when planning for your children to attend college. The second presentation will focus on issues to consider post-divorce or when your children are in college.
Part 1: Planning for College While Getting Divorced
- Who pays for the kids’ college if you are separated/divorcing?
- Should the issue of paying for college be addressed in the divorce agreement? If so, should it include the terms?
- What happens if there is money set aside in a college savings accounts?
- What happens if another family member has created a college savings account?
- Which parent should fill out the FAFSA form?
- Do you and your ex both need to include your assets/income on the FAFSA?
- What are things to be aware of and pitfalls to avoid when filling out the FAFSA?
- What strategies can you utilize to increase the number of scholarships and financial aid you are eligible to receive?
- Which assets (homes, retirement, savings, etc.)are required and excluded when filling out the FAFSA?
You will have the opportunity to submit your questions in advance during registration and/or during the LIVE Meeting hosted by our Lexington/Winchester, MA Hub.
If you are interested in attending and wish to maintain your privacy, we have designed these webinars so you can attend confidentially. When you join the webinar, your camera will be off. Also, you can use just your first name for the name display, and the only ones who will see your name are the Vesta Professionals. Other attendees will NOT be able to see you or your name.
There is no charge for attendance. Advance registration is required. We will email the Zoom link to the registrants before the online event.
If you would like to register for this event with us directly, instead of via Eventbrite, please email us at team@VestaDivorce.com or call 1-877-355-7649.
To learn more about other informative and social events, Vesta hosts like us at Facebook.com/VestaDivorce or visit us at VestaDivorce.com.