- This event has passed.
Back to School Tips for Separated & Divorced Parents – Vesta Irvine, CA Hub
August 12 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm EDT
Welcoming the fall season can bring about many emotions with the ending of summer vacation, returning to school, and a structured schedule for balance. In addition, if you are separated or divorced, you may also have many questions related to the start of a new school year and how your situation will impact your children.
Tips for separated/divorced parents
- Getting ready for the school year
- Balancing the schedules: academic, extracurricular, parenting
- Learning to co-parent while actively participating in your children’s activities
- Communicating effectively with your child’s teachers, coaches, instructors, and guidance counselors about the change in the family dynamic
- Ensuring all communications about your children are being shared with both parents
- Tips and strategies for best ways for kids and adults to answer questions people may ask
Paying for college
- If you are divorced and did not address the kids’ college in your divorce agreement, are there steps that you can take now to require your ex to contribute?
- If your income has decreased substantially, while your ex’s income has increased since the divorce, can you take steps to require your ex to pay for a more significant proportion of the college expenses?
- What happens if a parent cannot or will not pay for college as they agreed at the time of the divorce?
- What college education tax benefits are available?
- Mistakes to avoid when going through the college process with your ex
What happens to the house in a divorce?
- The emotional decision-making around what to do with the home
- Changing schools versus staying in the district
- How to decide who moves out or stays and how to handle the transition phase
- Your financing and buyout options
- Tips for managing your credit rating and preparing for mortgage financing
- How your decision fits into your overall financial plan and division of assets
You will have the opportunity to submit your questions in advance during registration and/or during the LIVE Meeting hosted by our Vesta Irvine, CA Hub.
We respect your privacy so your attendance is confidential. When you join the webinar, your camera will be off and display only your first name. The events are not recorded.
Advance registration is required. During registration, please submit any questions about the divorce process. We will answer these during the Q&A portion of the event.
We will email the webinar link to those that have registered before the event. If you would like to register for this event with us directly, please email team@VestaDivorce.com or call 1-877-355-7649.
Not sure where to begin? Connect with our Concierge Director, Co-Founder Deanna Coyle, by scheduling a complimentary 30-minute call here: www.calendly.com/deannacoyle.