- This event has passed.
Asset Division, Retirement Accounts & the QDRO Process – Westborough Hub
June 17, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Please join us for an evening dedicated to one of the most important issues one faces when going through divorce or separation: How to divide the assets.
- Andrea McGrath, CFP, CDFA, Financial Advisor, Strategic Divorce Strategies
- Justin Kelsey, Attorney & Mediator, Skylark Law & Mediation PC
- Property division/equitable division of assets
- What are the different marital assets and how are they identified/valued/taxed/transferred?
- What is the difference between marital/pre-marital/gifts/inheritances?
- Issues with asset division as far as fair/equitable/reasonable/affordable
- How are hidden assets uncovered?
- The Different Types of Retirement Accounts (Defined Benefit vs. Defined Contribution, Self-settled vs. Employer)
- Knowing your Plan (what documents to ask for)
- What are the Questions to Answer in a Division
- When there are multiple accounts (offset vs. division issues)
- When is a QDRO (Qualified Domestic Relations Order) necessary? What is the QDRO Process?
We design our events to be informational while allowing you time to ask questions. Our goal is to create an interactive setting centered around connection and education, which leaves you feeling empowered.
There is no charge for attendance. Advance registration is required. We will email the Webinar link and the handouts to registrants prior to the online event.
If you would like to register for this event with us directly, instead of via Eventbrite, please contact Deanna at 508-744-6014 or Team@VestaDivorce.com.
To find out more about this and other informative and social events hosted by Vesta, like us at Facebook.com/VestaDivorce or visit us at VestaDivorce.com. If you would like to connect with co-founder Deanna Coyle, you can schedule a 30-minute call with her using this link: calendly.com/deannacoyle.