In they walked for support during divorce…..
Both men and women…people of all ages, from their 30s to their 70’s. People of all nationalities. In various stages of divorce and post-divorce. Some confidently, some hesitantly.
And they all had one thing in common. They all were searching for something…help and support.
All were looking to become informed, connected and empowered. I had amazing conversations with everyone. I admired their strength and determination; their love for their children; their desire for information and connection; their ability to be open about their struggles; the hope that I saw in their eyes.
It was Wednesday night of November 1, 2017 and Vesta was hosting its monthly Divorce Resource Night at The Walker Center in Newton . I love these events as they are great for people to attend no matter what stage of divorce or post-divorce they are in. We have people attend for whom this is their very first divorce event…for them, this is a great event to get a feel for what our events are like and to get lots of questions answered in many different areas…legal, financial, real estate, fitness & nutrition, life & relationship coaching, parenting, career and more. We also have people attend who have been to many of Vesta’s events, and they are looking to get some additional questions answered and/or to make some new connections.
Vesta’s events are for you if:
- You feel isolated and confused about your next steps
- You know there has to be a better way through this, and are not sure what it is
- You do not have an attorney or mediator, are not sure whether to hire one, or who would be the best fit for your situation
- You have an attorney and are not sure if they are doing their absolute best to advocate for you, and to keep you informed of where you are in the process
- You are looking for emotional support and social connection with other people going through a similar process
- You want to know if you will be OK financially
- You are searching for the best way to get to the other side, empowered and with as little strain on your emotions and finances as possible
- You are open to ideas and suggestions as to what is best for you and your kids
- You are interested in finding ways to take care of yourself during or after divorce and are looking for advice from Self-Care, Fitness and Health & Wellness professionals
You will find answers to these questions, among many more:
- Have you come to the right place for trusted support? Yes
- Will things get better? Yes
- Can this time of turmoil and change provide you with the strength and determination to live your best life? Absolutely, yes
How do I know this?
Because I have been there. I have been in your shoes. Nine years ago, newly separated from my husband of 10 years, and with 2 young boys, I was feeling lost, lonely, scared and confused. And here I am now…happier and more confident than ever…now, finally, living my best life.
How did I do it?
I took the challenging time of my divorce and used it at a catalyst to become my best self. I realized that I was stronger than I ever knew…and that living outside my comfort zone is my very favorite place to be. I now stretch and challenge myself on a daily basis. And I know this is what I was meant to do…to take the challenge of my divorce and use it to develop programs that can make a difference in other people’s lives. Somewhere during my divorce process, I realized that I can do it!
And you can do it too!
Deanna Coyle is the Founder of Vesta: Redefinng Divorce, a speaker, Huffington Post Contributor, former financial professional, and divorced mother of two wonderful teenage sons. After going through a long financially and emotionally draining divorce, Deanna founded Vesta, which provides educational and social events and retreats, trusted resources and a supportive community that help people navigate life before, during and after divorce with confidence. Deanna welcomes people to reach out to her directly for information or support at (508) 744-6014 or Team@VestaDivorce.com. To find out more about informative and social events hosted by Vesta, like us at Facebook.com/VestaDivorce or go to VestaDivorce.com/Events.